Saturday, August 29, 2009

Continuing on....

I am back.
I wasn't really gone before but, it was a little since my last post.

I did take the test on Wednesday for Discovering the Internet. I passed with 94%! Yeah!
I would've like a higher grade, but its good enough. ;)

Now I am working on Word 2007.
Another class I have taken before, although to be fair it was Word 2000, I believe.
Having used both, I would say they are the same, but have some big differences between them.


For example THE RIBBON!!!!!!
It sort of replaces the menu bar, but it expands it.

I don't know if you can see it very well. This picture looks very small and distorted. The picture saved on my computer looks a lot nicer. So, I guess Blogger doesn't like it. But I hope it shows something different to, than it does to me here. (Ramble)

But anyways, I have a huge birthday party I will be going to today. I should be doing schoolwork, eventhough its a Saturday, but its a birthday party for many people I know. I mean it combines birthdays, from one family, to one big party.

So I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!

Heather's tip: Bookmarks/Favorites.

I really love favoriting webpages. It is really useful when you happen to stumble on a page that really interests you but you don't have time to appreciate it. Just favorite it. Go to the menu bar in Internet Explorer and click on Favorites, then click on Add to Favorites..., then you can click on Add.

If you want to be really organized about your Favorites, you CAN!!! Remember when you clicked on Add to Favorites... and a box pops up asking you how you want to add your new favorite link? You can make folders for organizing your favorites. Do this in the box that pops up for Favorites, click on New Folder that is beside the drop-down list for which folder to "create in", then type in a name for the folder like "Books" or "Music sites" or whatever you want it to be. Once you have created that folder you can now save Favorites there. Try it now with this website. You can create a folder named Blogs. Once you have finished that, click on Favorites again and hover over the "Blog" folder. You will see a link to this page there.

If you would like to remove a favorite, it is easy too. Find the link you don't want anymore in the Favorites list and right-click on it. Then from the menu click on Delete. Click OK or YES and it will be removed. Try it with this website.

There. Happy Favoriting!

No comments:

Post a Comment